In the world of data management, creating master data is key to having organized and accurate information. This article explores the process of master data creation, explaining the important steps to build a solid foundation for using data effectively. Whether you're improving business processes or making better decisions, grasping the basics of master data creation is crucial for successful data use.
As a precursor, you should have access to Master Data and should be allowed to Create Master Data. To validate the same, just follow the below steps
- Login to your Meritto Account
- Click to expand the Menu and you will see FormDesk
- Click to expand the FormDesk and you will see a sub-menu as Manage Master data
- Once you land on the Master Data Listing, you will see a button to Create.
If you don't see any of the above, please get in touch with your Customer Success Manager.
How to Create Master Data?
Once you have access to Manage Master Data, just click on the sub-menu and you will land on the Master Data Listing where you can see all the Master Data created and consumed in your Form(s) be it Course or Nationality or Country etc.
If you have to Create a new Master Data, simply click on the Create button on the top right corner.
- Enter Master Data Title. Please make sure to use a meaningful Name which will help you later on to Search Master Data and associate it or edit etc. As a sample, you could name your Master Data like List of Schools.
- Enter Description. This will help you to understand the purpose for which you have created Master Data. Say for example, for List of Schools, you might enter a description as - This master data comprises a set of Indian Schools from which the Applicants might have secured previous qualification.
- Upload Values. This will help you to upload the Master Data Values. Considering the above example of List of Schools, since the number of Master Data Values will be huge, you might want to upload the same via a CSV file.
For ease, you can just Download the Sample CSV file, add respective Master Data Values and upload.
If you want this data to reflect in all forms and widgets kindly enable the toggle for Show/Hide in all forma and widgets.
Note: Please note that the Sample CSV provides Columns to enter both Master Data Value ID as well as Value till n levels. In case you wish to Add a completely new set of Master Data Values, you may leave the IDs blank. But if you wish to upload multiple Master Data Values under an existing Master Data, you have to furnish the ID for the existing Master Data/Value under which it will be added. This helps you ensure that there is no duplicate Master Data or Value created.
How to Add Master Data Values?
Say for example you have already created Course Master Data. Under this you have two values, say DemoData1 and Course. Under DemoData1, you have specializations already added as Computer Science and Electronics. Under BBA, you have specializations already added as Finance, Marketing, and HR. Now if you want to Add a Value to Civil Engineering under DemoData1, you simply need to follow the below steps
- Search the Master Data Value from the Listing Page, in this case as DemoData1
- Click on the Search Result to browse to the respective parent.
- Click on single Action against the parent and select Add Values
- You will get to see a pop-up to Add Values.
- Add All the Values and click Save and that's it!