In education, teamwork and effective management are essential for smooth operations. This article guides you through creating and editing teams using our education CRM. Whether you're forming a new team or updating an existing one, these steps foster collaboration, enhance data sharing, and improve institution operations.
As a precursor, you should have access to the Manage Institute User, Manage Institute Team and Create Institute Team permission. To validate the same, just follow the below steps
- Login to your Meritto Account.
- Click to expand the Menu and you will see User Access Control.
- Click to expand the User access control and you will see a sub-menu as Manage User.
- On the User Listing page, you will see a Teams tab beside the User tab.
- On the Teams tab, you will be able to see Create team card and button as well.
Once you click on the create button a side tab will open for creating a team. There will be three steps to create a team. All the steps are independent steps and it is not mandatory to complete all the steps.
- In the 1st step you have to fill in the team details.
- In the 2nd step you have to add the users whom you want to add in the team and.
- In the 3rd step you have to select the access level (team permission) for the individual users.
Step 1: Creation of team
In this step for creating a team you have to fill in all the details for creating the team. The below fields have to be entered which includes:
- Team Name: This is text type field which is mandatory and allows 30 characters
- Team Description: This is text type field which is mandatory and allows 200 characters
- Parent Team: To create organization level hierarchy to share data across department(s)
- Team Manager: Define a manager of the team who will have the control of adding/removing user(s), editing team access level (permission) of user(s) or deleting a team
- Default team access level: Set default access level for the team users. Any new user who is added will be assigned this respective access level.
Step 2: Add users in the team
Once the team details are filled in step 1, in this step you have to add the user in the team. Here all users will appear which have been created in the system for the client except the ones who are already there in the team. Here you have to select the user by clicking the checkbox against every user and also you can search the users from the search bar by name, email and role. In this page the user lists will be visible with the user name, email id and role assigned to the user.
Step 3: Define access level of all users
In this step, access (permission) can be defined at user level.
There are 3 different access levels:
- Individual - This access level will allow the user to view and edit only 'own' data at any given point of time.
- Teams - This access level will allow the user to view and edit 'own' and all 'team' members data at any given point of time.
- Teams & Hierarchy - This access level will allow the user to view and edit 'own', all 'team' members and all 'sub-teams' data at any given point of time.
Note: This access will always be limited to the module level permissions which the user has been given in the permission template.
Other actions which can be taken by the user are as follows:
- Add/Remove User
- Edit Team Details
- Edit Access Level
- Delete Team
All the above actions can be performed by user(s) who have created the team or is team manager or user with role as 'Admin'. Users who are part of the team can only view the team members but will not be able to perform any of the above action.
How to remove team users?
Team users can be removed from all users listing page.
Deleting a team access will only be following set of users:
- User who has created the Team
- User who is Team Manager
- User with role as Admin
This action will appear in the 3 dots on top right hand side corner in every team:
On click of delete team, an overlay will appear from right hand side where user will get following options:
- Remove all users of the team or transfer the users to another team
- Move sub-teams(if any) to another parent team