1. Feature Overview
Zapier is a web automation app which allows you to connect apps you use every day to automate tasks and save time. Zapier integration allows you to integrate Nopaperforms with over 500+ third-party web services available on Zapier.
Zapier allows you to create what they call ‘Zaps’. Zaps are workflows that connect your apps, so they can work together. To use Zaps, you’ll first have to connect your Nopaperforms account to Zapier. Zaps start with a trigger – an event in one of your apps that kicks off this workflow. To know more about Zaps and how they work, please refer to How Zapier Works and What are Zaps.
- You must have an active Zapier account.
- You must have an active NoPaperForms Account.
3. How it Works
To integrate your Nopaperforms account with Zapier –
- Connect Nopaperforms with Zapier
- Create a Zap
- Set-up Triggers
- Set-up Actions
4. Connect Nopaperforms with Zapier
You must begin by connecting your Nopaperforms account with your Zapier account. To do this –
- Log in to your Zapier account.
- On the Zapier dashboard, click My Apps.
- On the Apps page, click Add Connection.
- On the Add a new app connection pop-up, search for Nopaperforms.
- On the Connect an Account, against the relevant fields, enter your API Secret Key.
- You can obtain this on your NoPaperForms account by navigating to Setting>Extension>Zapier Integration
- Once you’re done, click Yes, Continue. Your Nopaperforms account is now connected with your Zapier account. To know more, please refer to Connect your app accounts to Zapier.
5. Create a Zap
After connecting your Nopaperforms account with your Zapier account, you must then create a Zap. Let’s take the example of how to create a lead in your Nopaperforms when a form is submitted in your Linkedin Form account.
- From your Zapier Dashboard, click on Create Zap.
- Set up a Trigger for your zap.
- On the Choose app & event search bar, search and select Linkedin Lead Gen Forms.
- Select the Trigger Event out of listed triggers for Linkedin Lead Gen Forms.
- Then connect Linkedin Business Account with zapier.
- Set up an Action for your zap.
- On the Choose app & event search bar, search and select NoPaperForms.
- Select the Action listed out of listed actions for NoPaperForms.
- Then connect NoPaperForms Account with zapier.
- Do one on one field mapping for NoPaperForms fields and Linkedin Fields
- Test your zap
- Turn on your zap.
5.1 Set-Up a Trigger
A Trigger is an event that is the starting point of a Zap. For example, if you want to create a new lead in a NoPaperForms account when a form is submitted in your Linkedin Lead Gen Form with a new email address, then the Trigger is ‘New Lead Gen Form Response’.
The following are the various Linkedin Lead Gen Form triggers available in Zapier –
- New Lead Gen Form Response – This trigger starts the workflow when a new form is submitted in your “Linkedin Lead Gen Form” account.
- New Event Registration Form Response – This trigger starts the workflow when a new Event Registration form is submitted in your “Linkedin Lead Gen Form” account.
- changes in your NoPaperForms account.
To know more about Triggers in Zapier, please refer to Setting up Triggers.
Once You have set-up a Trigger , based on which the Zap will get triggered. You have to connect your Linkedin Lead Gen Form” account, By click on <Sign in a Linkedin Lead Gen Form>.
Once a Linkedin Lead Gen Form account is linked with zapier, you have select business manager <Account> linked in your Linkedin Lead Gen Form and respective <Lead form> in Linkedin Lead Gen Form.
Once the set-up is done to trigger an event from Linkedin Lead Gen Form, you have to click on the continue button to set-up an action in your Nopaperforms account.
5.2 Set-Up an Action
An Action is an event a Zap performs. For example, if you want to create a lead every time a user submits a Lead generation form then the Action is ‘Create/Update Lead’. The following are the various NoPaperForms actions available in Zapier –
- Create or Update Lead – This action allows you to create or update a lead in your NoPaperForms account. For example, if a new row entry is created in your Google Sheets, a new lead is created in Nopaperforms, based on the email address entered in the Sheet. Here, creating a lead is the Action.
To know more about Actions in Zapier, please refer to Using Zapier Actions.
Once a Trigger is set-up, you will then have to provide the Action on which the Zap will work. This means that once a trigger event occurs, within Linkedin, a succeeding action, like Create/Update a lead must be provided. To do this –
- From the Choose app & event search bar, search for the NoPaperForms app.
- From the Action Event dropdown, select a relevant Action or a Search that you want to execute once a Zap is created. Then, click Continue.
- From the Choose an account dropdown, choose the external account on which you want to create the Zap. Then, click Continue.
- Fill in the other necessary fields. Once you’re done, click Continue. Then, click Test & Continue.
- Once the test is successful, click Turn on Zap. Your Zap is now active.