We all know how communication templates play an important role in today’s time in communicating with your prospects. And Imagine making this job super easy and fun for you.
So here’s the new Template Editor feature.
Let’s see a few steps to follow to create the template.
Click on the Main Menu and Navigate to Template Manager> Manage Communication Templates.
After you click on Manage Communication Templates you will be taken to the new page, where you will see the option of Create Template at the top right corner. Click on to the Create Template to select the options of the type of template you want to create.
The available options are:
Here we will show you how to create Email templates.
So click on the option Email. Once you do that you will be redirected to the below page.
There are three steps involved here:
- Create Email Template
- Select Editor
- Compose Mail
1. Create Email Template
In this step, there are a few basic information that is required to be filled before you go ahead to compose the body of the email template.
So will go by each field, to understand what to be filled against each field.
- Template Name: You can give any name to the template so that you can easily find them for later usage in mapping. For example, when you are creating an Email template for unverified leads then you can name the same as “Unverified leads”, proper names help your team members to understand the templates better!
- Select College Name: Select the college under which you want to create the template.
- Template Applicable for: You can choose among the options available for where it can be mapped for;
- Leads - When template to be sent to leads
- Applications - When template to be sent to applicants
- Resubmit Application - When template to be sent for Re-opened application
- Raw Data - When template to be sent to raw data
- Recommendation Data - When the template is created for Recommendation module
- Widgets - When a template to be sent from specific widget
- Exam Data
Please note “Template Applicable for” plays a very important role. For example, you cannot create a template for applications and map it under lead specific automation or in LM while sending communications manually, or when you create templates for widgets then you can only map for that particular widget. Hence, please be careful about the same.
- Template for:
- Voice SMS
- List SMS
- List Email
- Segment SMS
- Segment Email
- Exam Email
- Exam SMS
We can choose any of these options for the type of the template and map them accordingly under Email or SMS etc
- Nature of template: By Transactional channel and Promotional channel. If we want to use templates in the marketing automation then the templates have to be opted as promotional.
- Subject: Enter the subject line for the templates.
- Subject Token: We can choose the tokens from here in the subject line.
- Attach Files: You can attach the file in this option of “Attach Files” but the file should be within 5MB. For example, if you want to send the college brochure along with the templates, you can attach it here.
- User(s): you can select the users to whom all the templates you have created should be visible to and you can assign them accordingly. And click on the SAVE & NEXT button.
2. Select Editor
As shown in the picture below, we can see the two options, the Advanced Editor is what you will have to choose.
3. Compose Mail
This is where we start building the body of the template by drag and drop feature.
You have various options to drag and drop.
- Blocks - Add blocks to create rows & columns as per requirement.
These are blocks, which help define the UI of the template or define the borders.
You can choose the background of the block as shown in the below image. For the content to be added in the block click in Add content inside the block or just drag and drop “Text”.
- Images - Choose images from the gallery or upload any image from your system.
You have a provision of adding images in two ways. The below picture shows how to add image when you have it on your desktop or gallery.
The next option is to choose relevant images from search options. By clicking on the images from the right side. Yes, we provide thousands of images to you!
- Button - Add button anywhere on the mailer and make it clickable by adding any link in it.
You can drag and drop the button and edit the text that appears on the button and add the required link.
As shown in the below image, when you click on the button you will see the options appearing to your right for adding the link. “Target” is the option where you want the prospect to land after they click on the button.
You can also change the background color of the button by clicking on the background option. Also the test color.
- Adding Text/HTML - Select Text or HTML in respective blocks to add content for mailer.
- Apply Effects or more - Use this feature for editing any image and make it look better.
- Resizing - Feel free to resize any of the blocks, buttons, text, and images.
Hope this article will help you in creating much more interactive and attractive email templates.
In case this new feature of Template Editor is not visible to you, please feel free to drop a ticket at firstname.lastname@example.org.