This FAQ page is to address common questions about the usage and enabling calling feature in the app. We have categorised all the FAQ's in different sections for easy navigation and search.
Why the App
What is the in-app calling feature about?Answer: The In-app calling feature allows you to make or receive calls from your prospects on-the-go. You don’t need any telephony integration to enable the calling feature in your account. All you have to do is enable some permissions within the app to have access to the calling functionality and at the same time, the recording of the conversations, activities, and ROI among others can be tracked on a real-time basis.
Why should I use the in-app calling feature?Answer: The in-app calling feature brings you the ease of access, the reason being:
- That the app needs no integration
- It is Cost-effective!
- You would be able to track better and get numbers to crunch on user wise ROI
How different is an app call from a regular phone call?
Answer: There is no difference between an in-app call or regular phone call but if the calling feature is enabled, then you can capture all the calling activities happening on the leads on a real-time basis.
How does a Popup help me?
Answer: A popup appears when you initiate an incoming or an outgoing call displaying the Lead’s information right in front of you with a link to “View Profile” without even opening the app manually and finding the lead.
It helps you to get access to the lead information even before picking up an incoming call which eventually gives more power to the counsellor for better nurturing.
Setting up the calling feature in the Mobile App
1. How do I use the calling feature from the mobile app?
Answer: Activating the calling feature on the NoPaperForms app is very easy. Using the calling feature on the app would require you to set-up and follow these steps to activate the feature in your account:
Step 1: Tap on hamburger icon to open the menu panel.
Step 2: Choose Settings, and then enable all options under Call Preferences. You will be asked to allow some permissions.
Step 3: And that's it. Enjoy a seamless In-App calling experience.
2. Is any third party integration required to make or receive a call from the Mobile App?
Answer: No integration is required to enable the calling feature in the mobile app. Once the calling feature is enabled, your sim card will be used to make and receive calls.
3. Can telephony integration and in-app calling be enabled for the institute together?
Answer: Yes. Both can be configured together.
4. If I do not enable the preferences in the NoPaperForms call tracking app will I be able to use the calling feature?
Answer: No, it’s mandatory to enable all the preferences to enable calling features in the main NoPaperForms App.
5. Why do I need to enable 3 different preferences to use calling features?
Answer: All three permission is having different purposes and is mentioned below
- Call Logging - Required to provide you with live caller id and to detect events like incoming calls, answering calls and ending calls and basis this we show activities in the lead timeline.
- Air Alert - Required to show the caller id in a Notification style when an incoming or outgoing call received or made through the NoPaperForms App.
- Show pop up - Required to show the caller id when an incoming or outgoing call received or made through the NoPaperForms App.
Note: When both Popup and Air Alert are enabled, either of them will work.
1. Can the user make and receive a call from the app?
Answer: Yes, if the calling feature is enabled on the NoPaperForms app, the user can make or receive a call while the tracking feature works in the background.
2. Would the number masking work while receiving or making a call?
Answer: Number masking will not be enabled in case an outbound call is made from the device. To make an outbound call, Android dialer is used and that does not allow any changes to be made over it.
3. Will there be a pop-up when an incoming or outgoing call is made from the mobile app? If yes, will this pop-up be shown with existing lead details?
Answer: If the calling feature and the caller ID pop-up is enabled in the application, then for each inbound or outbound call the caller ID will be shown that would have the following details:
- Caller Number (unmasked)
- Name of lead
- Email ID of the lead (unmasked)
4. When there is no internet connectivity, will pop up with details of the prospect appear? If yes, what information will it show?
Answer: Yes, a pop-up will appear on the screen but with only the mobile number. Unless there is no connectivity, no other details will be shown.
Device: Setup, Change and Internet Connectivity
1. I changed my phone: can I still continue to use the calling feature?
Answer: Yes, you can use the calling feature on the new device as well. You only have to enable all the required permissions and preferences in the new device and app.
2. I don't have internet connectivity. Can I still use the calling feature?
Answer: Any call made or received while there is no connectivity will be synced once the user device is connected to the internet again. If a lead is already present in the system and a call is made during the offline mode, it will be automatically synced; while for all those numbers which do not exist in the system, records will be present in the app under the Unsynced calls screen.
3. If there are 2 sim-cards from which one can I make or receive the call?
Answer: You can make or receive calls from both the sim-cards, there is no restriction on it. Post call, activities will be shown in the system unified.
4. How can I track calls: made or received, when the device is not connected to the internet?
Answer: You can't track calls; made or received while your device is not connected to the internet. You would require a connection to the internet to be able to do so. You might want to take note of these:
- Call made to the leads present in the system will be auto-synced and can be viewed under the “Telephony Call Logs” page present on the web application.
- Any calls; made or received by the number that does not exist in the system can be checked on the APP under the Unsynced calls screen present under the lead manager.
1. When a call is made/received from a new number, can I add the same as a new lead?
Answer: Yes, you can add a new lead when a call is received or made to a new number. When a call is received or made from a new number, the user will get a pop asking the either "Add Lead" or "Discard Lead". If none of the actions are taken, the calls will be visible under "Unsynced Calls" with a status “Lead does not exist”. You can still create a Lead from there.
2. What are the charges for making a call from the app?
Answer - Your standard network charge will be applied to any calls made from the NoPaperForms mobile app.
3. If I don’t want to store details of a particular call in the app, how do I remove the details?
Answer: If a lead is present in the system, then you cannot remove the call records but if a lead does not exist in the system, then you can remove the call log and other details by navigating to “Unsynced Calls” in the app, and clicking on the action icon and then choosing to remove.
Once done, all details related to that particular record will be removed from the device and system.
4. I am not able to open caller id pop-up during a new call, where I can find details of that particular call?
Answer: You can find details of call of all new or existing lead calls in the NoPaperForms main app or in the web application.
To check details in the main App, go to the lead manager and click on the call icon present on the top bar to check all pending call records on which you haven’t taken any action during and post-call.
To check records of the existing lead you need to login to your web application and go to the Marketing Tab and click on “App Call Logs” to view all call records.
Web Application Related
1. Can I make or receive a call from the web application, if the calling feature is enabled in the mobile app?
Answer: No, you won’t be able to make or receive a call from the web application even if the calling feature is enabled in the mobile app.
2. Will calling activities will be shown on the web application as well, once a call is made or received from the Mobile App?
Answer: Yes, mobile app and web applications are synced on a real-time basis. The moment a call is ended, data will be synced in the web as well as in the mobile app (subject to internet connectivity)
3. If calling feature is enabled in the mobile app, can I receive a call on the Desktop?
Answer: No, a call can be received or made from the app only. But you can track the activities on the web as well as in the mobile app.
4. When a call is made or received from the app then will the calling pop-up will appear in the desktop (web application) as well?
Answer: No, you will only be able to receive or make calls from the device with the NoPaperForms app. Further, once a call is received or made from the device then, the caller ID would be shown in the mobile device and not on the desktop. However, all call-related activities would be available on the app and web applications both.
User Reports, Accessibility
1. Is calling feature specific only for counselors?
Answer: No, the calling feature can be enabled on any institute user but the calling activities in productivity report can be tracked only for the counselors.
2. Can I track calling activities in the productivity report?
Answer: Yes, if the calling feature is enabled for the user then all calls; made or received by the user can be tracked in the productivity report. You can track the following parameters:
- Outbound Call Count
- Inbound Call Count
- Missed Call (Inbound and Outbound)
3. I’m on leave, so how do I stop Call Logging from the Mobile App?
Answer: It’s pretty simple, open the app Click on Menu > Settings > Disable all preferences (Call Logging) under Call Preferences block.
4. If a counselor picks up a call that was assigned to the other counselor, will the call activity be shown in the lead timeline and would the engagement be marked against him/her in the productivity report?
Answer: Yes, the user who received or made a call to a number irrespective of the lead is assigned to him/her, and the details would be shown in the productivity report, as well as the lead profile page in Timeline.